|Mini Date Granola Balls|
A simple snack that my fab four love to devour after a long day of school.
Easy. Delicious. Nutritious.
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
8 dates (soaked, pit removed, and chopped)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and sunflower seeds.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, dates, and maple syrup. Let the mixture come to a soft boil and stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Do not allow the mixture to boil for a long time. 1 minute is enough.
- Pour hot mixture over the dried ingredients. Stir until combined. Mixture will be very sticky.
- Spread oat mixture evenly in a square baking dish.
- Bake for 2o minutes, or until just barely browned on top. Remove immediately from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut room temperature mixture into 12 bars. When mixture is warm to the touch take a square and divide it into two pieces. Use your palms to roll them into small balls. Store in an air-tight container if they last long enough.
Post a Comment