|Chicken Tikka Pops & Mint Raita|
4 chicken breasts cubed (2 inches pieces are best)
2 inches of ginger
2 bunches of garlic
1 medium onion
1 cup of goats milk yogurt
1 cup nuts (almond or combination of other nuts)
1 cup of crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons Coconut milk (the thick part)
3 tablespoon of butter chicken seasoning or use the mix below
coconut oil (canola oil, safflower oil or your favourite healthy substitute will work)
1. Mince the ginger and garlic in a food processor.
2. Combine yogurt, minced ginger-garlic mixture, and 2 tablespoons of seasoning in a large bowl with a cover. Add cubed chicken pieces. Mix to incorporate everything evenly. Marinate for up to 24 hours.
3. Remove chicken from fridge and grill on all sides. Set aside. This optional. You could just add the chicken directly into the pan if you were in a hurry.
3. Make a paste with tomatoes, onion and nuts in a food processor. Set aside.
4. Heat a large pan with coconut oil.
5. Add chicken to heated pan. Add tomato and nut mixture. Add water and 1 tablespoon of spice mix.
6. Cook for 15 minutes. Remember to stir it occasionally.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Use lollipop sticks inserted into the chicken cubes to make this a quick and mess free appetizer at your next party. Spoon any additional sauce on top of the chicken and serve. This taste great the next day too!
Butter chicken seasoning mix:
(All of these are dried spices)
1 tablespoon each of coriander, turmeric, garlic, salt, and onion powders
1 teaspoon of green cardamom, black pepper, and ginger powders
1/2 teaspoon of red chilli, nutmeg, mace, and star anise powders
Combine and use according to your taste buds!