background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gifted Hands

My hands are not gifted because I am a world famous artist or world renowned surgeon.  These simple brown and worn hands are gifted because they can do so much.  They have the potential to bring so much to my life and those around me.  At 5:00 this morning I held my newborn as she cried.  I was exhausted and wanted a few more minutes of sleep.  Still I picked her up and her cries sailed away.  How grateful I was at that moment to be able to soothe my baby by just my embrace.  


Thank you Lord for giving me hands that;

embrace and comfort my new born 

my eldest uses to wrap around himself

prepares meals for the family

attempts to keep up with the domestic demands of our home 

display surrender to You

communicate what is in my heart




What have your gifted hands been up to lately?


I'm a little late in joining Ann Voskamp at Holy Experience.  Nonetheless, thank you for the opportunity to share thanks!
holy experience

3 comments:

Annesta said...

Such a very sweet list you have today. I join you in gratitude for new borns and for sleep even if it's not a lot, for your hands that create a beautiful home for those you love.
blessings to you,
~a

Unknown said...

Thanks Annesta! I am cherishing every moment with our little girl. These are precious moments and for once I am trying not to rush it.

Unknown said...

Keep up the writing. I truly enjoy it!