background

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Colour of Gratitude

(Photo from: http://www.weeones.biz/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=152)

Recently I bought cloth diapers and decided to order them in bright colours. When I got home I took them out of the orange "wet bag" and laid them all out according to size and colour. It was very difficult for me to spend this kind money all at once on diapers. Nonetheless the minute I took out the diapers I was thrilled to see the bright orange fabric beaming out at me. Such a simple thing. Orange cloth diapers. I just could not stop soaking in the warmth and happiness of the colour. Some of my favourite things are orange; the sun, sunflowers, tulips, mangoes, crayons, Orange Blossom, papaya, and my cloth diapers. How brilliant of God to make a colour that could evoke happiness, sun light, warmth, boldness and gratitude. I was encouraged by one of the blogs I follow, (see below) to start making a list of things I am grateful for. It all begins and ends with the colour orange.

--saving money by using my orange cloth diapers
-ice cold water
-Cohen memorizing his blessing (1 Peter 2:9)
-Dairy Queen
-amazing friends who can stay up till 3:00 am with you even though they would much rather be "in bed"
-my Mother
-hearing my baby's heart beat again and again
-Hannah's dimples
-Kiran's love of running, even though it means chasing him down the street when I am 9 months pregnant
-the colour orange

Thank you God for the rainbow at the end of a storm. Thank you for reminding me that goodness and mercy are always behind me pushing me through the storms of life.

Myrtle


holy experience

No comments: