background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Gluten and Dairy Free Pizza


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Since my neurofit practitioner, Bharat Oza told me to eliminate gluten and dairy from my diet I have been in no man's land with my kitchen. What would I do without my beloved dairy and wheat?! Bharat was clearly unaware of my love affair with butter, cheese and wheat. I loved the way dough would rise and the things I could do with butter and sugar- oh my!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Well as I mentioned in a previous post I have found my way back to my sweet love (minus the sugar and all of course!). This renewed passion is due to finding the best gluten, soy and dairy free products. Hallelujah people!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
The best gluten, dairy, soy colour free cheese.  Can you believe it?  I almost want to cry!

I use Astoria Mills enriched gluten free flours and I love them. I followed the directions on the back of the package. The only thing I did differently was I baked the crust first. You should brush the crust with olive oil before you prebake it. Also remember not to knead the dough too much after it rises. I did it gently for under 30 seconds.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppThe baked dough turned out light and had a nice crust. My youngest daughter had 3 slices! I decided to use one of the pizza crusts for sandwiches because it was so good.

No comments: