background

Monday, December 13, 2010

She's So Pretty!

So this is a totally frivilous post.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  You are about to land in Lala land for sure now! I just wanted to tell the world that Ms. Ella-Shilloh has gone out and gotten her little ears pierced.  If you could see me you would see that I am grinning like a silly monkey sitting on a heap of bananas!
Such a small thing to make a big fuss about!

I got my ears pierced when I was only a few days or weeks old.  I think my grandmother did it.  I can't get the story straight.  Anyway, the minute Ms. Shilloh got those sparklies on her cute little lobes I just could not stop staring at her.  All I kept thinking was "She's so pretty... oh so pretty..."  Silly isn't it?  As I sat there on the mall bench admiring her shinies my thoughts paused for a moment.  Was it totally wrong for me to indulge in such a frivilous thing?  What have I done to my daughter?  Have I reduced her to an object to be accessorized and admired?  Thankfully those thoughts didn't hang around long because those sparklies were so darn distracting.  "She's so pretty ...oh so pretty..."


Silly, but too good not to share!

3 comments:

Jennifer Fulks said...

She is a beautiful baby! And goodness, go on and be frivilous! lol, life is too short not to be. :) Who says we always have to be serious? Thanks for sharing, her cute smile made me smile :)

Rebecca MacIntosh said...

I did the same thing when we pierced Cherry's ears. I would look at her little ears as she slept and just admire how darling and perfect they were, only more so with BLING added :)

Mandy said...

Pretty with and pretty without! The extra sparkle is an added bonus! I'm still in love with my 14year old's ears, so I don't see anything frivilous about this!