background

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Day Book

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... raindrops are forcing their way through the clouds.  Leaves are green for now but you can feel fall waiting around the corner.  Time to accept that summer is really over.  

I am thinking... about Marmee's Circle, my new venture.  I am trying to ignore the negativity and the doubts that crowd my mind today.

I am thankful for...my mother who is my greatest support.  She is such a blessing to her grandchildren. 

From the learning rooms...We did a video for Writers Workshop.  Lot's of fun until I remembered I was still in my P.J.'s!

From the kitchen...Left-overs - sorry kids.  Buttercup soup! Or maybe pasta?  

I am creating...a new website that will bring women and their creations together.  We (my son and I) just started a new blog about our homeschool.  I am super excited and relaxed (is it possible?) about the blog.



I am hoping...that  I can seriously pray for change in my heart.  I really want God to help me breath and live the lessons I am trying to teach our children.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We would love to visit the zoo.  We are learning about animals and our zoo membership has come in handy.  I also have to prepare for the launch party on Monday for Marmee's Circle.



Here is a picture for sharing:


This picture reminds me of how I feel inside when I am creating with, teaching, and spending time with my children.  I love being their mother and wonder what I did to deserve this awesome opportunity! 

Join in the fun!  Share your day with The Simple Woman's Day Book.

"Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments. "
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

8 comments:

L. Eleana Johnson said...

Myrtle, Moms are such a blessing. That's where my toddler is for the weekend, probably gardening and learning things that I'm not good at, lol! Congrats on your new site!

We had planned a trip to the zoo, and the zoo just has never been one of my favorite places even as a child. Frankly I just don't trust the safety measures they take in those places. And then maybe a week or so ago, headline "poisonous snake escapes the Atlanta Zoo." He was found dead a day or so later. And I will just have to get back to the zoo as soon as possible to face my fears like I do every year. Hope you have a blast!!!

Unknown said...

I love this. What a great way to look at your day! Congrats on the new blog.

Stopping from Mom Loop!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for my mom too- don't know what I'd do without her. I'm going over to look at your homeschool blog now- thanks for your comment ♥

Linsey said...

What a cutie pie she is, love the huge giggle smile!! What an amazing mama you are! I am totally amazed at moms who homeschool, I think it is so honorable. Your cooking also amazes me! New follower!

Unknown said...

How cute! Following you from Social Parade Friday. Looking forward to reading more. Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Would love to have you follow back. Happy Reading :)

Jenn said...

That picture is so cute!! Stopping by from the Social Parade. I'm following and can't wait to check out more of your blog!!

Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

~Dawn~ said...

A new follower from the Friday Parade. You have such a cutie pie! :)

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

Jennifer Fulks said...

I love being inspired by women who are doing their thing! I "liked" Marmee's Circle and am looking forward to checking it out!