background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pancakes with Pear Syrup

Pretty isn't it?

I have recently found a great bisquick recipe.  Now I am constantly looking for things to make with the bisquick.  The natural choice is pancakes.  We make pancakes often in our home.  It annoys me that it took me this long to start making bisquick in large batches.  It makes pancake making a breeze.  I use this bisquick recipe from cooks.com.  It is super easy and doesn't require powdered milk.

That's all folks!


As for the pear syrup- well that was completely accidental.  We usually use maple syrup (yeah Canada).  But we ran out and I had to think fast on my feet.  My mother had given us some freshly picked pears.  Voila pear syrup!  Make the syrup before you start the pancakes and you will have the syrup ready when the pancakes are ready!

I use 1/4 of a cup of batter.  It makes the perfect size.


1 cup of bisquick mix
3/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 egg

Mix ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.  Pour a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.  When bubbles appear flip over.  Pile pancakes so they stay warm.

Saucy Syrup


Pear Syrup

4 pears peeled and sliced (3/4 of an inch thick)
1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of apricot jam (optional)
2 tablespoons of butter

Add the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil.  Simmer on low until it thickens.  Take pot off stove.  Stir in cold butter.  Pour syrup on your beloved pancakes and smile sweetly.  At least that's what the children and I did!

Pile it on to keep them warm.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Photobucket



It's a Blog Party








From our kitchen to your table!

6 comments:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

Pancakes with Pear syurp sound like such a great way to start your day!! I wanted to thank you for leading me to Blog with Integrity , The MOm Chef saw it on your site and told me about it. What a great Idea!

alicia said...

Oh my! This looks and sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up to tasty tusdays. Can't wait to give it a try.

Brenda said...

I've never seen a recipe for pear syrup before, but that looks really good!

Craig and Bethany said...

My mouth is WATERING! Wish we could all join you for breakfast. We could bring scones and coffee. :)

Sure nice of you visiting our blog. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Scones sound very good right now -with some blueberry jam! Yum!

Yakini said...

That looks soooo delicious!!!! YUM!!! :-)