background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday: Pina Colada French Toast

Welcome to Tasteful Tuesdays!  Every Tuesday I will post a meal I have made for my family.  I hope this post offers some good options for your family.  Share your recipes that you are making for the week.  Let us know what works for you.
I use a slip mat to place toasts on and keep in the oven to keep warm.

Lately I have been a little obsessed with coconut, banana, and pineapple.  I have started putting one or all of these ingredients in everything.  Can you tell I am still breastfeeding and dying for a girlie drink?

Okay here is the easy to make recipe:
Our family friend makes this whole wheat bread for us every week!

-bread (I use whole wheat)
-1/4 cup of shredded coconut
-1/4 cup of icing sugar
-3 large eggs
-1 crushed banana
-1  1/2 cups of milk
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon cinnamon (grounded)
-1/4 cup veg. oil and some for cooking (you could use butter for the batter instead)
We always use maple syrup!


Mix all the ingredients (except the bread- of course) together until combined.  Oil a skillet and turn heat to medium.  Dip bread in picture and make sure you pick up the bits of coconut and banana too.  Cook each side until golden brown.  Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!

Note:  If you are really in the Pina Colada Mood then make a shake with the banana, milk, pineapple, and coconut juice.

From our kitchen to your table!
The kids loooooved this!  Yours will too!



Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Now it's your turn.  What are you bringing to the table?  Just add the direct URL and please copy the Tasteful Tuesday button to your post. 
Don't forget to check out more recipes at Tasty Tuesdays.




2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This looks absolutely amazing! love tropical items!

Unknown said...

Me too! I guess that makes sense seeing that I was born in a tropical country. Thanks for visiting!